Wednesday, October 19, 2016

CFDA x ShopStyle: Rock Pink for a Cause

Happy October, y'all!

This month, ShopStyle and the Council for Fashion Designers of America are teaming up to raise awareness of the foundation Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC). Being a member of ShopStyle, I was invited to participate in this great opportunity to both explain why this cause is near and dear to my heart and give 10% of my earnings from this week to the worthy organization.

To so many, October means breast cancer awareness month. It's a time where pink ribbons are sold, NFL players wear pink gloves or socks, and many women (and men!) encourage those around them to get screened and to continue with self-examination there after. 


However, to far too many people across the globe, breast cancer means a lot more. It means the struggle they witnessed a loved one go through and the pain they themselves felt during such a time. For me and my family, it represents the loss of a bright light in our lives, our Aunt Joanne.

She is the person I attribute with introducing me to my love of make-up. At family gatherings, I could always count on her to bring a free gift with purchase from the Clinque or Estee Lauder counter. Together, we would pour over which colors would be best for my six year old self and she would let me keep most of it as a way to start my collection.

An ultimate girly-girl, I'm known to wear pink in the dead of winter. But in October, I go out of my way to wear touches of pink and ensure that my memory-filled (but slightly frayed) pink ribbon is positioned on the bag I carry to work or while running errands. 


Bright pink pants might not be for everyone but these cords transition perfectly to fall and even into winter! I often pair them with a simple solid color top and a cardigan for a go-to office look. In this, I've swapped the cardigan for a chambray button down for a more comfortable Friday outfit :) 

See below for fun ways to sneak pink into your outfits, whether the outfit is for a Saturday running errands or maybe a more fancy work event!




In addition to the 10% of each blogger's revenue, ShopStyle will be generously donating $5,000 themselves. Unfortunately, certainly states don't qualify towards the 10% of net sales towards donations (Arkansas, Alabama, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Wyoming).

No matter what you wear this month, please encourage those closest to you to be checked if they of proper age or have a family history of breast cancer. Awareness can and will save lives all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment