Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Coffee Catch-Up: Who Says You Can't Go Home

I know I love reading blog posts about real life and all the fun (and not so great) moments so I thought I'd fill you all in on my chaos that has been the last month!





Well, first off, I officially graduated from college! Well I walked at least. I've been out of school since December but it was still special. It had also been 5 months since my immediate family was all in one place so it was amazing to have them in my city.

Donuts + Lilly = Perfection
We definitely have "family favorites" in terms of restaurants to go to and such but I introduced them all to Sugar Shack, a local doughnut shop here in Virginia that makes all their donuts by hand every day. After one trip, it became my dad's favorite doughnut place (and I found out where I got my doughnut obsession from)! 

My sweet Dad loading the van
The next weekend, I got to see my Dad again when he helped me move from my tiny DC apartment to Northern Virginia. To say this move was necessary is an extreme understatement. I'll spare y'all the details and instead say I am incredibly happy in the apartment I moved to!


Less than a week later, I hoped on a plane (to Georgia not LAX, sorry to disappoint). My little sister's graduation was on Memorial Day so I made a vacation out of it. We had family that was driving/flying down for the ceremonies and I have two of my best friends down in Georgia so there was no absence of fun to be had.

Oh and of course my sister graduated high school! We are each other's only siblings and it's crazy to think she's turning 18 this summer and then going off to college. 


I was incredibly happy to make it back home to celebrate her and spend some time in Savannah. I swear, every time I leave that city, I leave a small piece of my heart! But that 6:30 a.m. flight came quick and then it was back at work in Virginia.

Hope y'all enjoyed this quick peek in to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment